Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Red Alaskan Salmon


Red Alaskan Salmon
Salmon
Let’s talk “SALMON” That wild red Alaskan type.   I think it’s the “wild red” that peaks my permanent interest as I eat this fish on the regular.  There is no other salmon in taste that can top red Alaskan.    The pretty firey red orange color is breath taking.  That color incorporates high levels of heart healthy Omega 3 fatty acids.  Salmon also supply’s our body with loads of DPA and EPA necessary for combating disease such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes.  Salmon is an excellent source of protein.  The nutrients in Salmon help in maintaining great skin as well.  While purchasing I visualize myself in the Alaskan streams and rivers watching these well tasting fish prepare for a trip to Tracie’s kitchen.   Me realizing my salmon has been flash frozen upon catch to secure its quality and freshness until baked.  I honestly believe the pieces I purchase from my local fish market expect to see me at the end of their long journey from Alaska.  As pretty as they look in my bowl I can hardly wait to eat this delicate tasty treasure of a fish.

2 comments:

  1. Met you last spring on a retro tour of NYC. Wild salmon, wild blackberries, wild strawberries, organic avocados! Now you're speaking Native California (avos a little further south on the Indian map). Great blog, fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment. . .I LOVE your blog. . .I sent you an e-mail. .

      Luv U!!

      Kind regards

      Tracie

      Delete