Monday, October 1, 2012

Arugula




Arugula & Mozzarella
Arugula & Mozzarella
These dainty feminine leaves will do me well today for a quick eat. Looking at them in the salad bowl it amazes me such soft sweet looking dainty green pack such a powerful punch of nutrients. These light feathered greens encompass a mass amount of nutrients include Zinc, Copper, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium.  Along with said mentioned nutrients tagging behind joyfully are Vitamins B6, A, C, and K.  Arugula are also a great source of Protein and Dietary Fiber.  I enjoy eating them raw as I feel if steamed many of the nutrients would decrease when wilted.  I dress them with part-skim mozzarella cheese.  Part-skim cheese joining the mix as it containing less fat and calories along with matching the light airy taste of Arugula.  I scooped the Arugula up and smile as I introduce them to my palate lightly as they look and feel sliding past the palate into my system.   The mozzarella being a welcomed  party to this snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment