Saturday, May 12, 2012

Field greens and Strawberries


Field Greens & Strawberries
Here’s my salad for the beach!!  It’s hot so I figured something combining a vegetable and fruit.  I have a twinkle in my eye.  Got it!! Strawberries and field greens.  These colorful greens are light and delicious to the taste.   I love their color diversity and source of Vitamin A, C and K.  Vitamin K is an amazing group of vitamins that aid in blood clotting, bone health and brain function.  I need my brain to be powerful because my thoughts are always full speed ahead about healthy dishes I can create.  Vitamin K also protects cells from oxidative stress.  I’ll combine these pretty leaves with an equally pretty partner.  STRAWBERRIES!!!  These red delicious delights known as the “QUEEN OF FRUITS”  How fitting for us ladies who will be devouring this salad.   Each bite enlightens my face as I bask in the knowledge of all the nutrients invading my body.  Nutrients such as Vitamin A, C, B6. potassium, and many antioxidants and flavonoids necessary for the immune system to fight and protect against illnesses related to heart and cancers.  The fiber and folate also found in these berries help combat heart disease.  This salad is full of fun, zest and is deliciously healthy.  Oh these Strawberries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment