Friday, April 20, 2012

Eggplant & Rosemary


Eggplant and Rosemary
Eggplant & Rosemary baked
Eggplant. . .I so enjoy cooking this vegetable…This deep purple colored vegetable is in a category called "Nightshades"  How fitting for the deep purplish blue color reminds me of a deep dark night.  The feel of eggplant prior to cooking is soft and spongy.  I’m going to bake it with Rosemary.  The smell of these two baking away is euphoric. and fills my home with Rosemary aroma.   I like it baked because it allows the rosemary to infiltrate. Eggplant is a source of a powerful antioxidant known as "Nasunin"  Located in the skin it has  antiangiogenic properties which help it to fight cancer by restricting the growth of new blood vessels. It also helps keep blood vessels clear and relaxed.  Our heart could not thank this vegetable enough for such relaxation.  But I can by reciting endless "You're welcome" after each forkful is digested.  The heart warrants such mannerism.  It is the center of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment