Friday, April 20, 2012

Butternut Squash & Scallions


Butternut Squash and Scallions
Finished Dish of Butternut Squash & Scallions
It’s was a cooking day for me.   Love it!  I’m away engrossed in this culture.  No matter the amount of visits its always as cozy as home.  En-route I thought of all these wonderful healthy meals I would be putting together.  Butternut Squash with scallions being one.  Heading into the evening.  I’m about to enjoy a plate of  my finished dish of butternut squash and scallions.  I love the color of this vegetable along with the nutrients it provides. A serving supplies approximately 300% of our daily value of vitamin A, 50% of Vitamin C, 7% of Calcium and 5 percent of Iron..I baked the squash with scallions for a tasteful twist.  A forkful for the palate is so soothing as it melts in my mouth as it cascades down my throat.  Ahhhhh!!! who would think a name like "Squash" could be so eventful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment